Browse Exhibits (1 total)
On December 4, 1885, the Rev. John J. Riordan purchased Watson House, at 7 State Street in Manhattan, and formally established the Home of the Mission of Our Lady of the Rosary for the Protection of Irish Immigrant Girls. Through the pioneering efforts of emigration reformer Charlotte Grace O’Brien, Fr. Riordan, and all the Catholic priests that came after him, the Mission helped over 100,000 women immigrants. This exhibit examines the work of the Mission and those who created it.